Welcome to Apt's 5 minute Energy Trading Game
- Can you make a profit by trading the energy markets?, You will trade across a 24 hour period
- You have 4 commodities you can trade:
- GB Power Baseload and Peak.
- UK Gas and European Carbon Certificates.
- The Game tests your ability to analyse, anticipate and react quickly to market changes.
- To increase your profits, sell when the price is high. Rising and falling prices are indicated by the price graphs. You can also “Short” the market by selling when the price is high and closing the position when the price is low.
- Click one of the commodities, and select the number of lots you want to trade
- Ask is the price at which you can sell the commodity.
- Bid is the price at which you can buy the commodity.
- Click on Buy Or Sell to make the trade.
- The open trade will appear in the right window
- The trade will appear with the number of lots, the price you bought and sold and the current profit and loss.
- Watch the price changes and take your profit or minimize your loss by closing the trade by clicking the close trade symbol.(Purple X)
- The closing price and the P&L will now show.
- The profit will show in your overall profit in the top left corner.
- Messages will tell you about events that may soon send a price drastically up or down. But pay attention, sometimes there will be news that does not affect prices.
At the end of the game, you'll see how you did and where you are on the leaderboard
Click Start Game to play